10 am - 2 pm
6  pm - 8 pm
SJM Trauma & Emergency Care provide comprehensive emergency medical services 24×7. Equipped with state of the art equipment’s supported by a specialist’s team, we provide all lifesaving procedures including resuscitation, airway protection, vascular support, cardiac support, cardiac pacing, and multidisciplinary support in case of accidents, falls, and assaults.
SJM Hospital has taken an early initiative towards this and has set up a well equipped and hi-tech trauma management system in keeping with its tradition of providing world -class facilities to its patients.
- The Trauma team takes charge of the situation. An Ambulance equipped with Life saving machines like Ventilator, Monitoring Devices, Oxygen Supply, Basic and advanced Life support system, manned by trained personnel.
- Triage: The trauma team determines the severity of injury, injury specific to body parts and identification of high risk patients.
- Medical Command: The injured patients are immediately put on life support system in the ambulance and the treatment starts at the site of accident itself. The patient is moved to the hospital for definite and final treatment.
- Specialized personnel and services available 24 hours a day
- Dedicated Trauma Surgeons & Physicians who are highly skilled in treating high end injuries and providing tertiary care facilities are already waiting at the hospital facilitating early diagnosis, surgery and critical supportive care.
- Well-equipped Emergency Room having dedicated triage beds with all equipments for resuscitation at bedside.
- High dependency unit for continuous care after resuscitation till they are fit enough to be shifted to rooms/ICU.
- Dedicated Operation theater for all life saving procedures.
- State of the art operating rooms, anesthesia, X-Ray, ICU and Laboratory.
- For severely injured patients, rapid blood transfusion and its availability can mean the difference between life and death.
- Immediate availability of all specialists and super specialist doctors.
- Supported by well qualified nurses and paramedics.
- Physical and occupational therapy to facilitate recuperation and rehabilitation.
- Dietary services to cater to individual patients needs.
Time is Critical in Accident Patients
In accident victims, the first hour after accident is considered the ‘Golden Hour’. It is critical in accident patients that the time gap between the accident and the definitive treatment is minimized. This can help in saving precious lives. It is made possible by our dedicated trauma service unit where patient is quickly evaluated and moves through diagnostics and gets the final treatment within the golden hour.